Sunday, July 29, 2007

Comic-Con

So... From the uber-packed Wednesday "Preview Night" to today, I'd have to say the hilights have been: Pixar's WALL-E preview was my fav (see also: http://BuyNLarge.com for more Wall-E products!). Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian looks promising as well. Neil Gaiman's session was tops, captivating everyone with random annecdotes. I'm strongly biased towards sessions featuring writers... actors without scripts and artists in the spotlight are rarely as a writer rambling on about whatever.

I was disappointed to see so little mention of the in-the-works sequel "The Power of the Dark Crystal" and found rather less than usual in the way of independent and small press titles, and Colleen Doran (A Distant Soil) didn't seem to make it, but I did nab a copy of the next installment of "Girl Genius" by Phil Foglio, which is vivid, lively and fun.

No comments: