Friday, March 30, 2007

Random thought for the day: "Correlation is not proof of causation"

It really bothers me when people neglect to consider that rather simple concept. In fact, some people seem to go to great convoluted lengths of reasoning and (il)logic to dance around it complete without touching it.

"Terrorists attacked America... because we don't put to death the 'abominations' that live among us, as the old testament would have us do!"

Sigh. Whatever.

"It's stupid people that believe moronic crap like that, that re-elect a morally bankrupt administration to 'lead' this country straight into debt, disgrace and disenfranchisement."

It's all their fault!

If they don't need to prove causality... then neither do I. Right?

Okay, okay. Yes, I do. I wouldn't be able to live with myself otherwise.

No comments: